February Bible Reading Log

I like this button. 

 Yes, it is my choice to stick to my goal BUT I do need accountability ;)

Here is my reading schedule for February....
hopefully I can cross-off my daily readings.

  1. Genesis 47:13-50:26  Day one a success! The end of the story of Joseph and his 'famous' quote to his brothers:  "you intended it for evil, but God for good"  How many times in our lives does someone or thing harm us, but God turns it into something very good?  God is in the business of our good, He really is!  Sometimes we just don't see it, maybe because we are NOT looking! 
  2. Exodus 1:1-4:17:  There is so much in these verses!  I love the part where the Hebrew midwives disobey Pharoah's decree to kill all the boy babies.  It says:  "however, the midwives FEARED God".  This is an excellent example of how we are to obey God rather than man!  As was said by Peter in Acts 5:29 when he and the apostles were told by the authorities of the day not to speak about Jesus any longer. Oh, to be that bold!
  3. Exodus 4:18-6:27; 1 Chronicles 6:1-4a; Exodus 6:28-7:13:  I am reminded of how everything is in God's timing!  The "I AM" told Moses what was going to happen when he went to Egypt...the hardness of Pharoah, the plagues and the final release of the Hebrews.  But it all took time.  Moses' job was just to obey and wait.
  4. Exodus 7:14-9:35: I remember the first time I studied the plagues on Egypt with my kids.  I was amazed at how each plague was against a god that the Egyptians worshiped.  This was to show that the only true God was more powerful that anything else that was worshiped.                                                                                                                        Why Did God Send the Plague of Blood?
    Two of the Egyptian gods were Khnum and Hopi. Khnum was the guardian of the Nile and Hopi was the spirit of the Nile. When God turns the Nile River into blood it is a sign that God is more powerful than Khnum or Hopi.
    Why Did God Send the Plague of Frogs?
    The Egyptians also worshiped a god of resurrection named Heqt. Heqt was believed to take the form of a frog. The plague of Frogs was a way of saying that God could control any form of frog.
    Why Did God Send the Plague on Cattle?
    Apis was the symbol of fertility and took the form of a bull god. The plague on the cattle was a sign that even God could strike down any cattle, even a bull god.
    Why Did God Send the Plague of Boils?
    The Egyptians also worshiped Imhotep, the god of medicine. When boils appeared on the people of Egypt and not even Imhotep can cure them it was a sign that God was more powerful.
    Why Did God Send the Plague of Hail?
    The plague of hail was sent to defy the god of Nut. Nut was the sky goddess and normally would be the one to control the weather. 
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    In Exodus 9:16 God says to Pharaoh:  "But I have raised you up for this very purpose, that I might show you my power and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth."  Is not that the SAME reason we are here:  to proclaim Jesus in all the earth?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              
  5. Exodus 10:1-12:51
  6. Exodus 13:1-15:27
  7. Exodus 16:1-18:27
  8. Exodus 19:1-21:36
  9. Exodus 22:1-14:18
  10. Exodus 25:1-27:21
  11. Exodus 28:1-29:46
  12. Exodus 30:1-33:6
  13. Exodus 33:7-36:7
  14. Exodus 36:8-38:31
  15. Exodus 39:1-40:38
  16. Leviticus 1:1-4:35:  I am so thankful for Jesus.  He is my sacrifice so I don't have to bring anything to sacrifice.  
  17. Leviticus 5:1-7:38
  18. Leviticus 8:1-10:20:  Thankful that as a priest of God I am made pure through the Lamb of God.  
  19. Leviticus 11:1-13:46  So many ceremonial rules!  UGH....glad to be saved because of grace through faith and not works!
  20. Leviticus 13:47-15:33
  21. Leviticus 16:1-18:30
  22. Leviticus 19:1-21:24
  23. Leviticus 22:1-23:44
  24. Leviticus 24:1-23:55
  25. Leviticus 26:1-27:34  YAY, done with Leviticus :)
  26. Numbers 1:1-2:34
  27. Numbers 3:1-4:33
  28. Numbers 4:34-6:27
Please check in on me and comment to keep me going.  I think during Leviticus I will need all the encouragement I can get :)



Comments

  1. I happen to be reading in Exodus right now...usually my schedule calls for 3 chapters a day. Then the second reading is a chapter in Proverbs.
    Not sure when I will get to Leviticus on this particular schedule, but that is a hard one to focus on..I always have to jot down notes to get something out of it.
    Just keep doing something every day...that's more important than how much is read.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

CANDID COMMENTS
If you stop by
PLEASE COMMENT