1. July 20th marks the anniversary of the first time man stood on the moon. Flash forward 42 years to July 8, 2011 which marked the start of the final Space Shuttle mission. Should we continue to explore space? Should nations devote more or fewer of their resources to exploring space? Would you want to go into space if the opportunity arose?
I've not followed our space flight much at all. Yea, I've read about it and such but honestly....I think a lot of $$$$ is put into it that could go to more worthy causes. Take a look at our national debt, for instance.
2. What are three things in your freezer?
I would say ice cream, BUT that doesn't stay in there long enough to count.....
- 5# bag of pepperoni
- 10# bag of mozzarella cheese
- pie dough
3. If you could see any band/artist perform live tonite who would it be? It has to be someone living-no Beatles, Elvis, etc.
I've been to 3 concerts in my life and that was 3 too much...I don't like loud music, crowds or being anywhere that I don't have an easy exit.
4. Ice-cubed or crushed? Or are you one of those people who don't like ice?
This is how I order my water in a restaurant....extra lemon, NO ice!
And this is what I usually get!
5. The owner of a small restaurant outside of Pittsburgh recently announced he was banning children under six, saying they regularly disrupted other customer's meals. You can read the story here in more detail but isn't this a perfect topic to discuss in our Wednesday Hodgepodge? Have at it friends...what are your thoughts?
Being a mom to 5 kids, I would NOT patronize a place that is not child-friendly...BUT I do understand the why behind such a decision. I'm thinking the parents should be banned NOT the kids. It is the parents fault that kids act unruly, it is only natural for the child. They have to be taught how to act in public or they will just do what comes naturally. After reading the article, I'm surprised that it states only children under 6...I've experienced children MUCH older than 6 being very disruptive.
6. What was your first car? How did it come to be yours?
My first car was a Buick Century that I bought when needed one to go to work.
|It looked JUST like this one!|
7. If I had a nickel for every time I forgot to do something I was supposed to do I'd be rich.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I've got to get off this computer so I can stack some firewood so I can spend the afternoon at the lake on this very wonderful summer day :)