My Week At A Glance

February 11 - 18

Not much to report this week.....


My hubby was sick in bed all week with the flu bug.  By Wednesday he was beginning to feel a bit better.  He really needs to go back to work.  

I gave him a winter vest on Valentines Day.  When I handed it to him he said, " Does this mean I have to go out and get you something?"  My answer?...."Don't bother."  Let's just say that he doesn't DO holidays....ever!

Thursday morning the phones rings. On the other end I hear a voice saying, "Cindy, can you come over right away, I've fallen."  I quickly say, "I'll be right there", hang up the phone, grab my coat and speed  drive ever so carefully the 5 miles to my elderly friend's house.  Before I get to the door she opens it and says, "I'm fine."  As I enter, I can see she is shaken up a bit.  She explains that while loading the wood stove she fell backwards off of the one step to the stove.  
She bares her naked back to me (can you say 'awkward?') and asks if she is bleeding.  I quickly raise my eyes to her BACK and see that she has quite a scrape that is just oozing a bit.  I clean her up and stay for a couple of hours until the home health nurse arrives to assist with her shower.  When I arrived home, I felt all out of sorts.  It was a bit of a scare for me too!

After a weekend of below zero temps, the mercury rose to 40's by the middle of the week.  I love the warmer weather, but it is very strange to have such extreme temps!

Anything exciting to report from you week?

Comments

  1. Nothing exciting here. Winter has passed us by and I keep trying to just accept it and move on, but I truly feel cheated.

    Your elderly friend is quite blessed to have an earthly angel to care for her! It's a wonderful thing you are doing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know I'd gladly share winter with you! Ours has been very mild. I've lived here 28 years and I don't remember ever having such a mild winter. I AM NOT COMPLAINING!!!
      Thanks for calling me an angel...I don't hear that very often lol ;)

      Delete
  2. Nice blog. I'm following. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

CANDID COMMENTS
If you stop by
PLEASE COMMENT