Two encouraging things from me to you

Life has once again taken over which hasn't allowed me to get on here and post much.  I have many things to share just not the time to do it.  

I thought I'd share a couple of things that have helped me in the past couple of weeks:

Train up a child in the way he should go,
And when he is old he will not depart from it. (Prov. 22:6 NKJV)

Many parents take this verse as a promise from God, yet is it really a promise?  I think not...here's why:

Salvation is God's work, not mine.  I am instructed as a parent to teach, train, direct my child, not SAVE them.  I can only get the soil ready as God wants me to, but it is HIS job to change their hearts.

Instead, this IS a promise from God:
“The Lord says, ‘This is my agreement with these people: My Spirit and my words that I give you will never leave you or your children or your grandchildren, now and forever’” (Is. 59:21 NCV).

Parents, be confident that a wayward child NEVER leaves God's sight, EVER.  He is always there watching, pleading, yearning for them to return.  Don't lose hope. You have a loving awesome God.

Then I saw this picture on someone's Facebook wall and loved, loved, loved it:


I believe there is a difference, do you?

Comments

Post a Comment

CANDID COMMENTS
If you stop by
PLEASE COMMENT