January 26 - February 2

My daughter's mother-in-law had a baby shower for her on Saturday the 26th.  Here are some pics of that fun event:


The theme was Dr. Suess
The place looked so cute!

 
The centerpieces were stuffed animals 
dressed in newborn clothes.
What a fabulous idea!

 Lots and lots of great gifts!
The small green quilt is called 100 hugs.
I made that for Aubrie to always have hugs from Gramma :)
The colorful one is for her crib, which I also  made.
More gifts and cutting the yummy cake

The whole day was a bit surreal...just like her wedding day.  Certainly doesn't seem real that in a month or more/less I will be holding my granddaughter.  Honestly, I don't believe it!

Upon arrival at home I discovered a very sick doggy.  Seems she got into the garbage while hubby's back was turned and had a 'yummy' snack.   She was vomiting with diarrhea for 5 days.  One night we all were up at 2 am mopping, doing laundry and bathing a dog.  She decided to leave little presents throughout the whole house...literally!

I never would have thought that we should keep all food and WATER from her until she did not vomit for a total of 12 hours.  We attempted bland food, rice/chicken on day 4....no go.  We didn't know that we shouldn't be giving her ANY water.  So day 5  we continued the bland diet adding yogurt and cottage cheese, this time NO WATER.  She finally was able to keep it down for 12 hours.  Day 6 continued bland diet, added minimal water.  She is finally back to her normal self.

I was shocked at how her illness affected this "i don't like dogs" person.  I was very concerned that she was seriously ill and we would have to put her down.  And the idea of that was not pleasant.  Still wouldn't consider myself a dog lover, but I have to admit, I do love  this dog!


Comments