Homemade healthy ice cream? Can it be true?


I have always loved ice cream...so much so that when I was pregnant with my 4th child I ate so much that he was born with a dairy intolerance.  Since than dairy and I don't get along as well as we did.  I can still eat it but in small quantities and infrequently.  


I came across a recipe that claimed to make ice cream with only ONE ingredient.  Seriously, how is that possible?  The claim was that you could take a sliced frozen banana, blend it to the point where the consistency is that of soft serve ice cream.  I didn't believe it so I tried it.....yup, it worked.  And it really did taste like soft serve ice cream, banana flavor that is.

So I tried it again only added sliced strawberries to the blended banana.  Here's the result:


Can you say YUM?  

I'm guessing you can add whatever you'd like to it to change the flavor.  So if chocolate is your thing...add a bit of that to taste.  You can even sweeten it with whatever sweeter you wish.

I found this recipe at thekitchn.com.  There are a lot of recipes to try out there.

As much as I liked this 'ice cream'  I have to admit that it's much easier to just open a carton but when I'm feeling a little ambitious, I'll do this one again.



Comments

Post a Comment

CANDID COMMENTS
If you stop by
PLEASE COMMENT