Biblical Reproductions? What's that?



As a part of the CWA Review Crew my blog was picked to review an item from Biblical Reproductions.  

After my initial excitement of actually being chosen, (I was that kid who was one of the last ones standing)         
I was like..."say what?"  I don't even know what this is!

So I clicked on over the Biblical Reproductions to check it out. (which I hope you just did too!)

Here's the first thing I read:

We are the only company authorized and licensed to sell replicas and photographic reproductions for the Israel Antiquities Authority (IAA) in the Western Hemisphere.


Sounds quite impressive, don't you think?

But there's more to find out:

Biblical Antiquities Reproduction Group, Inc. was founded in 2011 by Alex Igelman who shares a strong passion for the Bible, History and the Holy Land. Our company is based both out of Toronto, Canada and Jerusalem, Israel.

I was especially taken with that they are based in Jerusalem, Israel....can't get more authentic than that!

As I clicked around the website I found a few favorites that I wouldn't mind having in my home to share with visitors. 


This item is a miniature copy of a Dead Sea Scrolls jar from Qumran, authorized by the Israel Antiquities Authority. Before the discovery of the Dead Sea Scrolls, the oldest copy of the Hebrew Bible was from the ninth century CE. But now, thanks to the dry, arid environment of the Judean Desert and the jars in which they were put for safekeeping we can date them back to mid-third century BCE.


This item is an authentic replica of a fourth century Byzantine oil lamp. The original artifact was discovered at Giveat Katznelson in Naharia, Israel, just off the Mediterranean Coast & near the Lebanese border. Authorized by the Israel Antiquities Authority.





But my most favorite item was something on the front page that I didn't see for sale in the store:




Why did this catch my eye?  Well, I've always been intrigued by foreign currency.  I have a couple of foreign bills in my possession.  BUT the main reason this captured my attention is because it made me think of my dad.  

I know I have a picture somewhere of the two of us looking over his coin collection the summer before he passed, but DO YOU THINK I CAN FIND IT??????  UGH!!!!

Anyway, I took a nice trip down memory lane while wiping tears looking for it :/

Back to the reason for this post....Biblical Reproductions......Stayed tuned for a post about their website AND the product that they send me.  


I'm getting a bit excited!!!!



Comments