Gluten Free/Sugar Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe - My Way



That's right...I've jumped on the gluten free band wagon.  

Haha...not really.  Just thought I'd see what all the fuss is about.   

Wondering if I can really feel better without gluten.  

I've already discovered that I feel much better without processed white sugar.  So I wondered if I could make a good tasting chocolate chip cookie without gluten AND white sugar.  

Skeptical?

So was I.  

I came across a site that offered a DIY "best gluten free flour recipe".   I couldn't locate Sweet Rice Flour, but I did find this for $3.99 at Ocean State Job Lots:
If you or someone you love (like a daughter-in-law, for example) is allergic to nuts, then this is NOT a good option because they have a disclaimer that states this is manufactured in a facility that uses tree nuts and soy.  :(

Any who....onto the recipe:

click graphic to print

I was surprised how much like a 'regular' chocolate chip cookie this tasted like.  I only found it to be a little bit grainy in texture.  

But the real test is what did the family think?  

16 year old daughter said,"Wow, not bad!"
Hubby...well he had more than one so I think it passed his taste buds test.

Unfortunately those are the only 2 left to try my experiments :(


Comments

  1. I mean, Jeremy and I wouldn't complain if you sent us some.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

CANDID COMMENTS
If you stop by
PLEASE COMMENT