Pray for One Another





Samuel said, "As for me, far be it from me that I should sin against the LORD by failing to pray for you." 1 Samuel 12:23

I'd like to edit this verse to say:  "Cindy said"! 

The VERY best we can do for one another is to pray. We all have worries, stress and needs.  If we share these with each other then we can   "approach the throne of grace with confidence," for each other "so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need." (Hebrews 4:16) 

Prayer is the most powerful resource we have. 
Here are a few things we are told to pray about:

*to keep from sin:  Luke 22:40
On reaching the place, he said to them, "Pray that you will not fall into temptation."

*to keep from worry:  Philippians 4:6
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

*to give thanks:  1 Thessalonians 5:18
Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

*to ask for wisdom:  James 1:5
If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him.

*to confess sin:  I John 1:9
If we confess our sins He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

I have a wonderful friend who says prayer is like "holding up the hands" of each other.  In Exodus 17:11-13 the Israelites were in a battle with Amalek.  It reads that when Moses put the staff of God in his hand and held up his hands the Israelites prevailed, but when his hands got heavy and they began to fall, the enemy prevailed.  So Aaron and Hur stood on each side and "supported his hands".   His hands were steady until sunset and the Israelites won the battle. Moses could only sustain his purpose with help.   
This is a great picture of what prayer does for each one of us.  It helps us to win the daily battles we face. We can't do it alone, we need each other!

So let's pray for one another starting today.  

You can pray for me not to be lazy in the daily tasks that I have.  I tend to do what I want rather than what I know needs to be done.  I need self-discipline and diligence.

How can I pray for you?
Leave your request here.  If you'd rather I don't post publicly what you ask me to pray about, just say so in your post and I'll keep it between you and I. :)


Comments

  1. What an encouraging article...thanks, and I pray for you daily, as well as your family. It's just what mothers do!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

CANDID COMMENTS
If you stop by
PLEASE COMMENT