Birthday Blessings


I was so excited like a little kid on Christmas Eve last night that I thought I wouldn't be able to get to sleep.  My excitement wasn't for what was to come, but from what a wonderful birthday I had.  

My day was basically ordinary with many special little blessings throughout.  The above picture perfectly depicts how I feel.  God sent me many special blessings :)

The day began with a 2 hour phone conversation with my friend of 42 years.  We do that periodically, but haven't for a while.   That was sweet fellowship.  

Phone rings again and I hear a  cute, little voice singing, rather repeating, a Happy Birthday song to "Auntie Cinny".  Thank you, Tyler (Sam, too) for that was certainly most special.  

A call from my son, who rarely calls, with some birthday love!

Multiple wishes on Facebook from current and past friends!  It was like receiving a nice surprise every time I looked at my Facebook account.

The 5 month old that my daughter and I watch was so pleasant and fun.  Smiles, talking, playing, just having an enjoyable time with her. 

Yearly birthday song from my dad and mom with dad saying what he used to say to be as a child, "I have the day off today because it is your birthday!"  As a kid, I believed him for years that everyone celebrated by birthday with a day off :)  (Veterans Day)

Hugs from family still here at home. Two messages from my younger brother trying to talk with me to wish me a happy birthday. A call from my daughter, Bible study with friends.  My 16 year old son leaving work 1 hour early so we can go out to eat together and I can beat him in a very close game of air hockey :)  A bowl of ice cream.  Another call from my daughter thanking her parents for raising her to love and know God in a personal way. 

If you notice, I never once mentioned receiving gifts.  Presents to open......because there weren't any (yet). 
I love gifts (who doesn't?)  BUT this year it doesn't matter........... my day was absolutely wonderful! 

An ordinary day with very many special blessings throughout.


Comments

  1. Posted via Facebook by a wonderful friend:

    that was soooo touching it brought me to tears..and you and I both know that the "best gifts" aren't the kind that you unwrap...but time, words, memories shared, laughter, and all the things you received...without a price tag on them...sounds like you had a very richly blessed birthday Cindy...which you soooo deserve..and you know that I miss you and love you very much! ♥ :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Happy Birthday! I'm glad you had a good day.

    Fellow Blog Hopper:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Happy Birthday! I'm glad you had a good day.

    Fellow Blog Hopper:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

CANDID COMMENTS
If you stop by
PLEASE COMMENT