The Shadowed Mind by Julie Cave Review


When I read a book it has to catch me right away or I lose interest fast.  You could say I get bored easily.  I am the same with a movie or even a conversation.  If you can't get me interested on the get-go, you will lose me.
I had a hard time getting into this book, BUT because I am doing a review on it I continued on.  I think it took to the 3rd murder for me to begin to care about finding out "whodunit".  
For a reason I don't understand, I just couldn't care about the characters.  My only guess is that I didn't read the 1st book, maybe then I would connect better with the characters.


The storyline involved a heavy topic of euthanasia, assisted suicide and something called neo-eugenics which is the study of hereditary improvement of the human race by controlled selective breeding. There was government involvement and such also.  As I type this review I finally realize why I didn't like this book all that much.  There was too much description about the above mentioned topics, it read like a science book.  I don't like science.


So, if you are into science and government control issues, you may just enjoy this book more than I did.


* I received a copy of this book for review from New Leaf Publishing Group.  Opinions expressed are my own.


Comments