Jehovah-Jireh: The LORD will provide

We have owned our own business for several years now.  (check out our website Leo's Log Homes) To say it has been an adventure is an understatement.  There are so many unknowns in business that it can be frightening at times..  


God has blessed us abundantly for the past 5+ years.  We have built over 50 log buildings-- from homes, to camps to commercial buildings! And even our own 3-story log home.


Due to the economy, in December of 2009, we had to lay off our employees.


The next year, 2010, brought a few projects, enough to keep us going.


Now into 2011, we have had NO work...at all!  Which led my husband to change course and go back to logging.  This venture cost us our savings...now with nothing to live on, we had to come out of our undebtedness and take a home equity loan.


We LOVE Dave Ramsey.  By following his principles we were able to become debt-free.  A foreign idea in our society.  I can't tell you how many people have told me that it is not possible.  So to have to enter the debt world again was difficult.  


Now tax season is upon us.  Being self-employed we ALWAYS pay....ALWAYS!  We usually try to pay quarterly to lessen the blow (plus we have to, it's the law).  Last year was tough as we also were audited, a mistake was found, causing us to pay more, plus fees and penalties.   So our quarterly payments were minimal.  Leaving us with probably a large tax payment in April 2011.  


Oh no, April is here:  I see another trip to the bank and more debt!  OUCH!


A call from the accountant...who's going to answer it? 


 It is inevitable....so I pick up the phone to hear


"You have a refund, how do you want to handle it?"


"Did you say a REFUND?"


"Yes"


"How much?"


The answer was astounding.....it was only $1000 less than the loan!  Once again I am awed and amazed at God's provision





Comments

  1. If you are in God's will, HE always provides; especially when you have been good stewards of what HE gives. Been in your shoes more than once and He has always pulled us through. So we are trusting Him with our latest trial as well. So glad you are trusting Him a bit better now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just listened to the song. Boy, I really needed that message this morning. Just know God had me on this computer this early on a Sunday morning for some reason, since I very rarely go on in the morning. don't know where you found that song, but thanks for sharing. Wish you were here to get a massive BIG hug!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always worry like crazy and stress over things like this even though I know God will come through- in HIS time which is always the right time. I have no idea why I continue to worry instead of simply praying and wait. Excellent post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @June
    trusting in the financial end is much easier for me than the physical...don't know why, but I'm getting there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @EmptyNester
    I know what you mean. I am always so ashamed of myself for not trusting HIM to meet my EVERY need...but I do it over and over!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know why we doubt God, or we are so afraid of His capability to provide and to keep His promise. I guess because we are such frail humans and because we aren't God, so our understanding of God's limitless assets and abilities and love, puts us into a place of doubt, fear, and where we try to figure things out for ourselves to the point where we try to play God. (of course I'm speaking for myself). I don't know how many times I went to God in prayer as a last resort, instead of the first resort! Duh...I'm so thick-headed at times...well most of the time. Anyways...I've seen the early days of your family-owned business and watched you each step of the way, go through the "birthing pains" of it, the sacrifices made. Not easy, but it has grown your faith and trust in God, which is ongoing as long as we are still on this earth. Hey..I need a couple of trees cut in Lisbon, I wonder if Lennie would come cut them for me? ;-) (if he would keep the wood as his pay) I don't expect I'll find anyone that would want to take that offer. Praying for you and Lennie's new busines venture. <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. @lpb59I like your explanation of how we can't fathom God's limitless assets etc. That is so true. My head knows so much, yet my heart doubts!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

CANDID COMMENTS
If you stop by
PLEASE COMMENT