A sad truth about Judas

Shaped by God

Judas bore the cloak of religion, but he never knew the heart of Christ.
We learn this timeless lesson from the betrayer. Satan’s best tools of destruction are not from outside the church; they are within the church. A church will never die from the immorality in Hollywood or the corruption in Washington. But it will die from corrosion within—from those who bear the name of Jesus but have never met him and from those who have religion but no relationship.
Judas bore the cloak of religion, but he never knew the heart of Christ. Let’s make it our goal to know … deeply.

From Shaped by God (original title: On the Anvil)
Copyright (Tyndale House, 1985, 2002) Max Lucado

As I read this it made me sad....to think there are people in my life who, like Judas, wear a cloak of religion, but don't know Christ. 
 I HAVE to share Jesus with them. 
 I HAVE to love these lost souls more than I love acceptance from them.  
I HAVE to make it my goal to know the heart of Christ so deeply that others SEE Him instead of me. 
I linked up with


Comments