My Week At A Glance

Week 25
October 30 - November 5

I'm a couple of days late with this weekly (stop laughing, I try!) post as I was away from Friday until Sunday evening at a ladies conference at Word of Life in Schroon Lake, NY.  

Which was the only thing I did last week worth writing about!  

Really, I'm not kidding.   
How does one make house work, school, grocery shopping, cooking, etc, etc, sound exciting?  Something that someone would care to read about, especially if that is what their life consists of also!

I had the pleasure of sitting under the teaching of Elyse Fitzpatrick. If you have NO clue who she is you can read everything you ever wanted to know about her by clicking on her name.

I had no idea that I had actually read one of her books until I got there.  I did a blog review (click to read it) on her newest book, which she wrote with her daughter, called Give Them Grace

The subject of the weekend was the same as the premise in this 'parenting' book:

The 'gospel' is for everyday life. 

 We are sinners in desperate need of a Savior....daily!  

And because of what Jesus did for me on the cross as my Savior, when God looks at me He sees Jesus.  I am 'hidden in Christ'.  

God doesn't see me as I see myself...
unworthy 
a failure 
lazy
useless
negative
alone

NOPE, He sees my Savior, JESUS...the perfect one who makes me perfect in God's sight!  And what God thinks of me is the only opinion that matters!  

Here is a quote from The Heidelberg Catechism that sums it up:

"..even though my conscience accuses me of having grievously sinned against ALL of God's commandments and of never having kept any of them,
 and even though I am inclined toward ALL evil, 

NEVERTHELESS

without my deserving it at all, out of 

SHEER GRACE,

God grants and credits to me the perfect satisfaction, righteousness, and holiness of Christ, 
as if I had never sinned nor been a sinner, 
as if I had been as perfectly obedient as Christ was obedient for me.  
All I need to do is to accept the gift of God with a believing heart."

As God says through John in 1 John 4:9 & 10:

 "In this the love of God was manifested toward us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him. 
 In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation (wrath-bearer) for our sins."

All of this not just for our salvation, but for our continuing sanctification! 

The gospel of Christ is for every believer to lean on every single day.

This is GOOD NEWS!


Comments