2012 Contentment Reading Challenge


I came across this blog Legacy of a Writer by Katie McCurdy.  

She has laid down a challenge to readers everywhere (or maybe just readers who cross her path via her blog).  Not one to shy away from challenges, especially ones that I feel I can be successful with, I decided to join up, jump in, make a go of it, sign up...ummm...do some reading.

Here's Katie's challenge:

What is the Contentment Reading Challenge? Well, it's based on the idea that we, as avid readers, have many books scattered around our homes--on shelves, in the closet, under the bed, etc.--that we hope to read again "some day", but have not made the time to do so. Or maybe you are continually purchasing new books and never take the time to be content with the ones that are currently on your bookshelf. 

- This IS a challenge, so there has to be some goals/levels to set. There's no pressure--just choose whatever level you think would be good for you to try and accomplish in this coming year.

            * Floating: Skimming the surface, you re-read 5 books you already own.
            * Wading: Getting your feet wet, you re-read 10 books you already own.
            * Swimming: Immersing yourself again, you re-read 15 books you already own.
            * Diving: Going deep into the stories you love, you re-read 20 or more books that you already own.

- This challenge officially starts on January 1st, 2012 and officially ends on December 21st, 2012. 

Well, Katie, (and whoever else cares or is reading this post) I have decided to begin by wading with the possibility of diving in head first for a swim depending on how brave I am after wading a while!


My first book has been taken off of my overflowing book shelf, dusted  and enjoyed in 2 days...

"Critical Care" by Candace Calvert.  Book 1 in her Mercy Hospital Series.  






That's one book down and 9 OR 14 to go.   With 340 days left in this challenge,  at this rate I'll be able to read 170 books in 2012....

that's more than wading or swimming

that's drowning!



Comments

  1. What a challenge! Right now, my challenge is reading the books I'm supposed to read for classes, groups, reviews, etc. Would those count since I'm not re-reading? ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

CANDID COMMENTS
If you stop by
PLEASE COMMENT