It's What's For Breakfast!


This week I ventured into Canada with my mom and a friend for some strawberry picking.  Nothing like fresh picked fruit.

For breakfast this morning I decided I'd have some strawberry shortcake, it's not just for dessert anymore :)


I'm trying to eat less dairy but not being very successful with that because I LOVE fresh whipped cream.  I also love the ice cream place in Canada where they make fresh ice cream daily.  It has the very best soft serve vanilla ice cream on the planet!  So creamy and yummy.  But I digress.  I'm here to share with you a  great dairy-free whipped topping.  

Gotta admit I was a bit skeptical.....whipped cream is soooo delicious there certainly couldn't be something that compares and is healthy...but one day I stumbled across this recipe in blogesphere at ohsheglows.com.   All you need is a can of coconut milk, a little sweetener and a bit of vanilla extract (I used almond extract) and a blender, electric beater or if you want some exercise at the same time, a whisk.

Check it out here.....

Admittedly it's much more costly than the dairy original, but it certainly is more healthy!  It keeps in the fridge for a few days and even gets thicker as it cools.

On a side note:  Today when I  made this it was very humid so it didn't whip up as nicely but it did thicken enough to use and enjoy!


Comments