It's a SCAM....don't fall for it!


Yes, this is how you will feel IF you fall for that scam that came in the mail.

A few years ago my dad told me how he was going out to eat for free in exchange for a review of the service etc.  

There were words in his explanation that caught my attention.....


FREE

CRITIQUE

FUN

CASH

EASY


So I looked into it, signed up with a few companies and the rest, as they say, is history!

I've shopped convenience stores, gas stations, restaurants, cable companies, cell phone providers, auto shops, hardware stores and more. 

It has been enjoyable and brought a little extra $$$ into the pocketbook, which, in the past 18 months,has funded my granddaughter visits :)

A few weeks ago I received this:


Here's what was inside:

Yes, that is a money order for $970.00.  

My first thought was "Wow, that will pay for A LOT of gas!"

Then I read this enclosed letter:

And I knew I wasn't getting ANY $$$.  

What I was getting was

SCAMMED

Bummer!

How did I know you ask?

My first clue was the first line in the letter:

"Thank you for applying for the post of mystery shopper with us."

Ummm...nope, never applied.

My next clue was having to deposit the money order in my account and withdrawing without delay. 

The fact that there were 3 different addresses was also a red flag!

Just to be sure, I took the money order to my local Post Office to ask if it was a counterfeit.  

After he confirmed my suspicion, I asked if he'd cash it for me for 1/2 of it  ;)   just kidding!

Since then I have received numerous emails and phone calls asking why I haven't completed my job.  All of which I have ignored.  

Then this past week I received another one in my mailbox.  

This time I took it to my bank to ask if there was anything I could do to report this.  They referred me to the post office.  The postmaster there took the envelope, money order and letter so he can report it to their fraud office and gave me this copy of it all:


The thing that bothers me most is the fact that some scammer goofball has my mailing address, home phone number and email address.  

Kind of scary!



Comments